View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Are the Steelers better or worse than last year?

Hate to be a fence rider but I feel we are about the same. I do think at least at first Harrison will take a little while to get back to full strength (crossing fingers it isn't a long lasting season long nagging type of an injury) Because of that, like someone else mentioned - we have to hope that we can get someone in on the pressures/sacks besides Woodley. Here's to hoping Timmons is that guy. I'd say we will be a little more prone to teams that like to run it to the outside this year or use some misdirection. So to the chagrin of many - I'm saying our defense will take a step back this year. Age might finally catch up with us a little.

BUT - our offense has improved vastly IMHO. Proof is in the pudding but I'd make the argument we have top 3 - top 5 receiving corp in the league now and Ben has made some great strides (from what I've seen thus far at least) That I think will make up for some slow down on D. If we can finally put up some points maybe our D just needs to be solid to make another run at it all.

One thing is for sure - wk1 matchup is gonna be a slobber knocker once again. I think whoever wins this first game gets the division. Great confidence booster for the first half of the season.

Good luck to you and your Ratbrids. Just hope for your sake Joe Flacco will shed his "Checkdown Joey" status. If you find him constantly looking for Ray Rice for the dump off you guys are in trouble.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote