View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Negotiations with Troy Polamalu ongoing

My feelings on this is that its a risk vs. reward decision. When Troy is healthy, he is worth every possible penny we can pay him....He's likely the best safety of this generation, and we may not have another one as good as he can be in our lifetimes- i think he's that amazing. So, with that being said and his history of injuries- do we know..is he indeed all about the money? Last fall someone on here mentioned something about not being surprised if he's the kind of person who just retires young- ala Robert Smith or Barry Sanders- because he has pleanty of money and knows his body is going to be sore lots once he's old- but as I'm not understanding of how the contracts work- any way we can give him a great deal amount of money- but not break the bank up front, but give out in incentives instead based on how often he plays? I feel we need to sign him- even a 75% Troy is better than 90% of the starting people in his position in this league- we may not see one like him again, so we need to keep him while we have him.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote