View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Fast corps of wide receivers prompts major change in Ravens secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwothdaraven View Post
i pray the steelers test jimmy smith. hes the real deal. testing him will just keep the ball out of other steelers hands and end drives sooner.

the player to test is cary williams. also a 6'2 corner, hes been great in preseason but he is a little inconsistent
It's his first NFL start lol...and he's starting against the Steelers. Real deal or not, I don't think he's going to be the phenom you hope him to be right out of the gates.

Now, if he does perform well, I'll give the dude his full props. But that's a lot of expectation to put on a rookie who's never started. It's not impossible for him to do well, it's just not the norm for him to be a phenom right away.

I'm not complaining...cause I'm not a Ravens fan, but I really think it was a huge mistake to start two CB's who have something like one NFL start between them.