View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #130
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,924 Times in 779 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Like I said, nothing went right, which makes me excited to know that the worst has been seen and the best is yet to come. A good, humbling ass-whooping is sometimes needed. It's good it happened this early.

This Steelers team is too persistent to let a game like this happen again, it's just not in the cards. 7 turnovers, 3 in the redzone and 3 straight to start the second half. I agree with everything you said. The Steelers looked as putrid as I've ever seen them but I assure you, when things go right and when the team isn't committing 7 turnovers and running around not knowing what their doing, it'll be a much better performance and they'll start playing what their capable of.

If this was Week 9 or so, I'd be a nervous and panicked wreck, but the entire team didn't show up. Coaching can change that. If that performance continues 3,4 weeks down the road, so be it, I'd truly be disgusted but this was just one game to where everything was chaos. Every team is capable of at least a couple sleepers, like Cleveland owning New England and New Orleans last season.

That's football sometimes, things can get out of hand quick. I don't expect that performance to carry over and continue. That's just as bad as it gets.

If haters expect the Steelers to lose like that every week then you're dreamin.