View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #136
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.
3rd and 4th but your point is fair. What I heard was htat Aaron Williams didn't really fit our scheme and that why we passed on him for his teammate, Curtis Brown. I wouldn't have minded Dowling. We've got a couple UVA guys already in Farrior and Miller, and UVA guys tend to be smart. I think there was worry about Dowling being inury prone though. I think the reason why they chose Cam is because he was the BPA on the big board and outside of Ziggy Hood we really had no youth at the d-line as both Keisel, Smith, Nick Eason (who is now gone) were all over 30 at the time. It's just a shame we missed getting Revis in 2007. Lawrence Timmons is the man but Revis is an excellent CB to put it kindly. We usually go BPA though which IMO is a working strategy.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote