View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #34
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Can We All Stop Freaking Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
This last game WAS terrible, but I don't think that is exactly what folks are freaking out about.

I understand that calmer minds prevail, and panicking at a week 1 loss is silly, but with Colon out for the season now, a terrible Oline just got even worse, we addressed NONE of the secondary needs from last year. Sure, we have recovered from some really bad losses (like that week 3 debacle at Philadelphia in 2008), but looking at the logistics, there is little reason to think we can fix most of the problems we saw Sunday with the current personnel on our roster.
I think are biggest problem was defense, and this is the same defense as last year, so I would say we can fix a lot of it. The pass defense will never be that good since McFadden and Gay are so bad, but we could try some rookies and 2nd year guys. The O line will not improve at all, it sucks, but Ben and the receivers can, and I think Ben was the biggest problem on offense this game.

I'd like to see what some of the more intelligent comentators/reporters like Cowher, Marino, and some others have to say about it, but I'm not finding much.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote