tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: mendenhall only in for 20 of 61 snaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Oh yeah - down by 4 TD's and you want to run the ball?

mendenhall only had 12 rushing attempts (all in the 1st half) add in redmans 3 (also in the 1st half) and the steelers had 15 rushing attempts by a RB vs 42 passes.

in the meantime the ravens had 31 rush vs 29 pass.

typical bruce arians "throw 45 times in a hurricaine" offense.

take away rashard getting mugged in the backfield and he is averaging more than 4 yds pc. take away rice gashing the steelers d on the 1st play of the game and he is averaging less.

of course i dont advocate running the ball in the last minutes of a game when we are down by 4 scores and it is way out of hand.

but no rushing attempts in the entire 2nd half?

completely taking one of our major offensive weapons out of the game because of a fumble???

hell, big ben had a fumble and 3 interceptions, and charlie batch didnt even see the field when the game was well out of hand.

i dont blame the steelers coaches for the players lack of execution, but i do blame them for not playing to the players strengths.

winning or losing, the steelers gameplan was to run rashard 10-15 times, and then let ben air it out.

the lack of adjustments is what is so frustrating.

their plan was to go with whatever worked so well vs PHI & ATL in preseason scrub ball. (when other teams dont gameplan for that weeks opponent as well)