LITP's Mock(ed) Draft
Ok people here comes the draft that is going to be so far from what actually happens it will make you feel better about your own poor impression of Nostradamus.
1. Texans - Bush - the only player to get 100% positive press, this guy sounds like he could make a franchise - and the Texans have been stuck in neutral for too long.
2. Jets (Trade with Saints) - Matt Leinart - Great things expected from Hollywood - he can walk the walk can he talk the talk?
3. Titans - Mario Williams - Jets swoop into to take Leinart so the Titans settle for the elite DE talent.
4. Saints (In trade with Jets) - D'Brickshaw - The Saints upgrade to the 'Brees Block'
5. Packers - AJ Hawk - the Pack really arent going TE here.
6. 49ers - Winston Justice - lets get Alex Smith some protection for the all important 2nd year.
7. Raiders - Jay Cutler - since when didnt the Raiders covet the strongest arm available - will start for the Raiders by game 8.
8. Bills - Haloti Ngata - the Bills run D is woeful - this will help.
9. Cardinals (In trade with Lions) - Vince Young - the Cards are desperate for a QB - Cutler is gone so next best is Vince.
10. Lions (In trade with Cards) - Michael Huff - Need a QB too but dont like Vince as they have invested too much in their WR corps right now.Will look for a more prototypical passer in later rounds.
11. Rams - Jimmy Williams - the Rams could always do with some D - now that there O is getting old it may be too late.
12. Browns - Manny Lawson - 3-4 Romeo goes LB and gets the new Willie McG to learn from the old one.
13. Ravens - Santonio Holmes - the Browns need some options for their QB and settle for the top rated WR in the draft.
14. Eagles - Vernon Davis - another weapon for McNabb if he can hold onto the ball, which would put him ahead of the rest of the Eagles catching corps.
15. Broncos - Tye Hill - The Bronco's look to 'tye up' the best CB tandem in football.
16. Dolphins - Ernie Sims - LB for another Belichick disciple.
17. Vikings - Winston Justice - 2nd best OL in the draft and good value.
18. Cowboys - Bobby Carpenter - the Pats love him, but they wont get him.
19. Chargers - Antonio Cromartie - the run D looks fine, so the DB's get a make over.
20. Chiefs - Nick Mangold - the Chiefs game is based on a dominant O-Line, their current one is getting old..all at the same time.
21. Patriots - Chad Greenway - Pats, as predicted, go LB and get a good 'un.
22. 49ers - DeAngelo Williams the great RB drought ends with the selection of DW.
23. Bucs - Chad Jackson - Tampa O gets a well neede shot in the arm.
24. Bengals - DeMeco Ryans - the weak Bengals LB corps gets some help.
25. Giants - Kelly Jennings - CB help for NY.
26. Bears - Lendale White - Bears dreams come true a quality power runner to complement the aggresive D.
27. Panthers - Laurene Maroney - a sudden run in RB's - the Panthers need some competition for Foster.
28. Jaguars - Tamba Hali - a surprise faller Jax upgrade the pass rush.
29. Jets - Kamerion Wimbley - another LB faller but the Jets get a pass rush.
30. Colts - Jason Allen - Colts go D with a solid safety selection.
31. Seahawks - Ashton 'Shake' Youboty - DB corps was badly exposed in the SB.
32. Steelers - Matthias Kiwanuka - DE converted to OLB - Joey P Junior.
And that concludes this years first round......
I think the Steelers need a more consistent pass rush, which means quality relief for Haggans and Porter. I think Porter loses motivation in the regular season and could do with the kick up the ass.
The Pats really have to go LB - with Dillon signed for a few more years at good money, they cannot afford to go RB in the 1st round.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Last edited by Livinginthe past; 04-28-2006 at 05:49 PM.