View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Coach Lebeau scraps CB's 10-12 yd cushion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
...atleast for 1 game anyways-

http://pit.scout.com/2/1107073.html

for six years now, i have probably read hundereds of fans, constantly complain, year in and year out, about our CB's playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.

during that time we have led the league in defense numerous times including having the #1 pass defense in 08. last year we only gave up 62 yds of rushing per game. also during that span, we have been to the superbowl six times.

off the top of my head, i think lebeau has coached in 6 sb's in the last 30 years. im guessing the only other current coach in the league who can boast that is bill belichick.

good thing is the fans finally got their wish and got to see some man to man press. of course the average fans gameplan doesnt alway work out quite how they draw it up on a napkin.
Who cares if we are stopping the run, when teams are passing the ball up & down the field on us. We either need to find a way to consistently pressure the QB, allowing the DBs to make up that 10-yard gap or we need to find some DBs that can play bump coverage adequately.

It's obvious that the games where we get little pressure on the QB we will either lose or barely win. Sure, we may beat the Cincys & Seattles of the world, but the teams we need to beat to win the Superbowl....NE, GBAY, NO...will eat our lunch (and dinner) without a consistent heavy pass rush.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote