View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #35
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Steelers fully committed to Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
"So many". Those words probably require defining. Obviously in your world things are different than the world most of us live in.
McFadden or Gay will be gone next year. Maybe both. Our coaching staff obviously doesn't have any faith whatsoever in Lewis because I think he'd see the field at #2 corner today with McFadden injured against a terrible Seahawks team who's missing their best receiver. I think Brown was an absolute steal in the 3rd round in this years draft but who knows when he'll get a chance to compete for the nickel spot. Clark and Troy are pretty old and I don't think Clark is very good to begin with. Our backups to them are late 6th round pick Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. Both can easily be upgraded.

So #2 CB/nickle corner are pretty pressing needs. Free safety is up there too. We haven't addressed that position anywhere in the draft in a while.

I think outside of offensive guard, CB and FS are our next priorities in the draft. Some of you guys say NT but we've addressed d-line in the first round of the 2 out of the last 3 drafts. I doubt they do it again.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote