View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #70
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,656 Times in 2,888 Posts
Default Re: Should Hines Ward still be in the starting rotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Johnson for sure, but Wayne's older than I thought, and he might not ever get another QB. Fitzgerald doesn't even need a QB, from the looks of it, so yeah. If Brady and Muchostinko ever get on the same page, possibly...

But other than Johnson and Fitz these are all what ifs and maybes. So what if Ward plays really well for not one or two but three years?
i can easilly see ward playing out the final 2 seasons remaining on his contract and returning for a 3rs (and possibly a 4th) at a reduced pay and workload. another 150 rec/2200 yds/ and 12-15 tds really seem attainable.

i think he will achieve every personal goal he has set for himself, but more than that, i think he wants to prove all the doubters wrong and show his longevity. if he can stay as healthy as he has the past 4 years, i dont see why 3 more after this one is out of the question (of course with less pay and play).

it wouldnt be unprescedented. the steelers like having a veteran like joey galloway or terrence mathis on their roster.