View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651
Default Re: Wallace starting a nice run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Nice article on post gazette website today:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11263/1176040-66.stm

Some nice stats on Wallace (and Ward!) - Can you imagine a Steeler receiver breaking the single season receiving yards record? Not sure he'll be able to keep up his pace of the past 2 games but my guess he is at least going to top 1500 yards.

The front office is probably hoping he doesn't break any records for the sake of next year's salary cap! Anyhow if Wallace even just ends up having most yards this season I'm sure he'll be asking for top 5 WR money. To me - it is too early to tell what he his worth but if someone forced the decision on me - I'd drop Smith, Foote (maybe Diesel too) to get him his money. If we win #7 this year - I hope Ward does the FO a favor and hangs it up and goes out in style. I'm thinking either Hines or Farrior could go no matter what. Numbers not adding up to keep five all five of these guys. I see at least 3 going.
I believe he is the real deal, the Steelers should sign him next year. And we do have to get younger on defense, so letting go some the Defensive players, who had an absolutely amazing run, is an unfortunate must this upcoming offseason.
I wish those guys can play forever :(
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote