SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Jerricho's injury walls come tumblin' down

Jerricho's injury walls come tumblin' down
Saturday, September 24, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It was a quick and successful start for Jerricho Cotchery after he signed with the Steelers two weeks into training camp.

After averaging 51 catches and 645 yards in seven seasons with the New York Jets, his debut with the Steelers in the second preseason game was equally productive.

Cotchery had two catches for 49 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles, including a 20-yard touchdown from Byron Leftwich. His arrival looked to be the finishing touch to a receiving corps that includes Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown.

"When I first walked into the locker room in the preseason game and to see my name on a black-and-gold jersey, it was a sight," Cotchery said.

"I was excited to be out there."

But nobody has seen Cotchery since, at least, not on a football field. He injured his right hamstring in that game, did not play in the final two preseason games and aggravated the injury the week leading up to the opener in Baltimore.

Cotchery, though, might finally resurface Sunday night in Lucas Oil Stadium when the Steelers (1-1) play the Indianapolis Colts (0-2). He has practiced all week and could dress as the fifth receiver against the Colts.

"To have that setback and having to wait this long to get back on the field have been frustrating," Cotchery said. "But the guys and coaching staff have been very supportive through this time."

Cotchery, 29, was signed to give the Steelers a tough, experienced receiver in the slot, a player who could catch the ball in what offensive coordinator Bruce Arians calls "the grimy areas of the field."

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote