View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #29
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Relax, we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
I agree that the offense is an issue. But, this defense was the #1 defesne in the league last year. We spent butt-loads of money to keep them together. We got Smith back from injury. We signed a DL in the first round. Yet, we are still getting no pass rush. Making bone-headed coverage mistakes. And having issues against the run.
I couldn't disagree more.

Not only did the defense only give up 7 honest points, they also scored 7 points for the offense.

This offense hase given the ball away 10 times in 2 games, putting a lot of pressure on the defense in to defend. In the lone game the offense didn't turn the ball over, the defense shut out its opponent.

Quote:
The offense boils down to the o-line. Fix that & we are fine.
Hardly.

I won't deny fixing the line will help, but we need a lot more to be "fine."

Further, I'm not so sure there is a "fix" for this offensive line anyway.

This offense is too one demensional.....

[quote}Not that it's that simple. I also think it wouldn't hurt to draft a speed RB. Mendy has been dancing too much (no holes?) and I love Redman, but we need a threat to get on the edge and run to daylight....a la Fast Willie.[/QUOTE]

Mendenhall sucks. If he weren't a first round pick, he would never see the field. If Redman hadn't gone undrafted, he would get 20 carries a game. Simple as that.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote