tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,813 Times in 4,475 Posts
Default Re: Some Venting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Right now though, seeing what I saw last night, we won't beat anybody, maybe some bottom feeders. We might have a better chance with our defense vs their offense then last game IF our defense is playing how they were that time last year simply because we should know what to look for. But the problem is we will have to score still, and with this O line we can't. No running game, which I put 75% on the O line, and zero time. We have one of the best QB's in the league, one of the best TE's in football and maybe the best receiving corps in football and we still struggle passing because of this line. Without the line "patched up" I don't see us beating any quality team, and I think we are a long way from beating a top team. I say patched up because I think we can get the line good enough with just adding one more player, Adams. We have a great center, Gilbert looks like he's going to play well, our guards (Kemo and Foster, not Legursky) aren't great but we can get by with them, we just need a good blindside tackle and we can win correctly again. It won't be a great line by any means, but we've one with lines similar to the quality of the line I described.
people said the EXACT same thing in '08 after the eagles game, and then again last year when we got beat by the saints and patriots.

that still didnt prevent us from going to the superbowl.

and whats with this struggle in the passing game? so far wallace has the 2nd most yards of any receiver and ben is ranked 6th in total yards passing just behind the likes of brady, brees, stafford and rivers (of course he has 10 or more fewer attempts than all of them.)

his 63% comp isnt the greatest but is still respectable. he is pretty much right where he has been for his entire career when having a good season, which is championship calibur qb'ing.

is he gonna get killed aned suffer a career ending injury? of course he is, just like he was since he headbutted a moving crown victoria.

but until that time gets here, he just keeps on keeping on and doing what he has been doing, which for the most part, is winning games and going to superbowls.

his 3 td total for the year is abysmal, but then again, this offense isnt designed for him to have more than 2 td's in a game (unless 1 is on a scramble).