View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Some Venting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
people said the EXACT same thing in '08 after the eagles game, and then again last year when we got beat by the saints and patriots.
I didn't.....

The then eagles, saints, patriots, giants don't compare to the colts, the seahawks. Big difference.

Quote:
that still didnt prevent us from going to the superbowl.
Well, you have established we could make the Super Bowl. Mathmatically, we haven't been eliminated, so you're correct.

Is it likley? No.

Quote:
and whats with this struggle in the passing game? so far wallace has the 2nd most yards of any receiver and ben is ranked 6th in total yards passing just behind the likes of brady, brees, stafford and rivers (of course he has 10 or more fewer attempts than all of them.)
Throwing for yards is meaningless, and a overrated a statistic in football.

Teams throw the ball to score points, not to rack up yards. Brady, Brees, Stafford haven't just thrown for yards, they've thrown for points. For all of those yards, the Steelers don't have many points to show for it.

Quote:
his 63% comp isnt the greatest but is still respectable. he is pretty much right where he has been for his entire career when having a good season, which is championship calibur qb'ing.
Championship caliber with the right pieces in place, namely a dominant defense. I don't see a dominant defense.

They could change some things around, I guess. We'll see.

Quote:
his 3 td total for the year is abysmal, but then again, this offense isnt designed for him to have more than 2 td's in a game (unless 1 is on a scramble).
I'm sorry, I don't believe that. This offense is designed for Ben to throw as many TD passes as he can. Apparently, he can only throw 3 in 3 games.

Last edited by cloppbeast; 09-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote