View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #22
lotas
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1176
Default Re: Benís style? O-lineís Weakness?

Ben has never really been able to play QB the way Manning and Brady play. He plays more like a schoolyard football QB style than predetermined, mental QB. It's frustrating when 3/4 passing plays break down and Ben has the ball for more than a few seconds. That's always frustrated me watching the Steelers. Why can't we design pass plays where the ball is out in 2-3 seconds and the line's role is minimized? Why do we only make those plays maybe 1 out of every 4 we throw?

I can't even remember how many times Brady and the Patriots have completely pulled us apart by throwing 8-12yd passes to Welker, Troy Brown, enter Pats receiver here, where the ball is out in a few seconds before our D even has a chance to apply pressure.

That being said, I saw a few throws from Ben this last game that looked absolutely great. A few got away from him, but there were also several that were spot on, Manning/Brady/Rivers style throws. That's good hope. Maybe he hasn't reached his peak yet as a QB. Let's hope.

That deep TD to Wallace showed great promise. They silently communicated that play moments before the snap, and executed it perfectly. That would be great to see that tandem develop more and more this season into a Brady/Moss type of scenario.

/my one post a month :)

Go Steelers!
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote