View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,958 Times in 3,513 Posts
Default Re: Mendy taking shots at Arians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
"As far as the run game, it's a lot bigger than one person, than the offensive line. It's a whole mindset; it's a whole attack starting from the top, the offensive coordinator, the plays that are called, the matchups we have. It's a collective effort of everybody that has to be clicking to be productive."[

Did Mendy just call out Tomlin?

Where's old man Rooney?
Mendy might need to recall what happened the last time a running back said the Steelers needed to commit to the run

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin was not happy with comments made by two-time Pro Bowl running back Willie Parker, saying they could be misinterpreted as uninformed and selfish, and said he told Parker and all the players about it today in a team meeting.

"The issue for us has been, is and hopefully will continue to be winning -- that's my interpretation of Steelers football," Tomlin said. "Every morning I come to work I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning."

Parker said yesterday that the offense, which ranks 20th in the NFL in rushing, has gotten away from "Steelers football" and that the two-tight end offense used by offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is not effective for running the ball....

Do we need to get better in terms of running the football? Absolutely," Tomlin said. "And the reason is this -- because it increases our chances of winning.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08346/934535-100.stm

Parker was on the bench the next season
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote