View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,968 Times in 892 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Steelers' Farrior fined $15,000 by NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
THIS JUST IN: FARRIOR FINE RETRACTED

After slapping Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker James Farrior with a $15,000 fine for a hit on Colts Quarterback Kerry Collins, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has decided to retract the fine.

"I overreacted when I heard there was a hit on the Colts' starting quarterback," Goodell told ESPAM's Adam Scheisser . "It was only afterward that I informed that it wasn't a hit on Peyton Manning."

When asked how Goodell, as NFL commissioner, could be unaware that one of the league's most prolific players has not played a single game this season, he responded: "Are you kidding me? You actually think I watch the games?"

The Steelers are not off the hook, however. Goodell announced that he would instead be fining James Harrison $150,000 for a hit on Colts' Backup QB Curtis Painter that occurred in the fourth quarter. Although the hit was not late and in fact occured while Painter still had the ball, Goodell said the fine is justified. "I need to put a down payment on a condo," said the Commissioner.
classic