View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Offense gets a pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
what about head coach. BA gets all the blame and LeBeau gets all the credit. Both deserve what they get for the most part. So I ask what exactly is Tomlin responsible for. I see him as Herm Edwards. A motivator thats it. I have seen more mistakes in managing games and throwing the red flag than great moves. Redman coming in last week was a good move then it turns out it was due to injury so not really a coaches decision. I am not saying fire him, I am just kinda of wondering out loud why Tomlin gets a pass and Arians is to blame for out terrible offense and O line. Lets face it, if Tomlin wanted to run an offense with a FB or didn't like the bubble screen to Hines, or didn't like the empty backfield on goal line situations( I could go on) then he would over rule BA and run things like he wanted, I presume. If a move is not made for an O lineman he is in denial.
Yes and no. Tomlin can shuffle the deck he is given, but that deck is determined largely (if not exclusively) by Colbert. Ain't nothing he can do now about the O-line.

We have a substantial body of evidence regarding Dick Lebeau which tells us that his unit will get things straightened out before too long. With Lebeau one sees both consistency and a willingness to make adjustments. What one comes to expect from his units are sustained periods of dominance.

On the other hand, when was the last time you can recall the offense stringing together more than two, maybe three convincing performances all in a row? It is absolutely flabbergasting! There's a reason Arians can't put a similar sort of track record together: he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Ultimately it's on Tomlin, true. If his coaches cannot be held accountable (and it would appear they cannot) then neither should his players. How bad did things have to get with Shitthebedsky before he got fired? Is that really how bad Arians needs to be just to get canned?