Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Hampton, Smith, Moore, Worilds, Kemo all ruled out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
who knows, maybe we might do like the packers did last year. end the regular season squeaking into the playoffs with almost half the team injured or on IR, and the young players step up to make an impressive run to a championship.

hey, we all can dream can't we? :)
Bill Simmons sees squeaking in and then making a run as a possibility

Here are my Week 5 picks for all kinds of things...

Titans (+3) over STEELERS
Tennessee's D, meet Ben Roethlisberger's badly sprained foot. Of course

People Not Counting Out The Steelers (+7) over People Counting Out The Steelers

If we've learned anything about the NFL these past few years other than "You can't win without a good QB" and "Don't text a picture of your penis to someone you don't know," it's this: Nothing that happens before Halloween really matters, as long as you don't fall into an unrecoverable crater (like 2-6 or 1-7). Right now the Steelers are 14-to-1 to win the Super Bowl. If they blow this game (and I think they will, even if the line's dropping 3 points was a major "STAY AWAY!" betting flag), that should drop to 20-to-1 and that's when it becomes a pretty good value play. Look at the AFC: New England, Baltimore, San Diego and Houston are playoff teams; Tennessee, Pittsburgh and maybe the Jets/Raide]rs are lurking; I can't take anyone else seriously. All they need to do is get in.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ng-week-5-odds
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote