View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089
Default Re: Offensive signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Should people's signatures be policed by the mods here, assuming people are offended?

There. That wasn't so difficult, now was it?
No it wasn't
Thanks ricardismo. Except steelaxe is the one I should be thanking he lead me here. I have the pittburgh steelers forum on my favs so it always brings me to that forum. I never have been to another forum.

To resectfully answer your question no. If we only assume it's offensive. I would never go up to a black person being white and call him the N word because I would assume it would be offensive. We can all agree it is offensive. By the mere title of your post offensive sigs you are making an obvious statement. We can all agree people are way too sensitive these days I'm with ya on that. I assure you I am not one of these. I am assuming by your name your of spanish mexican or latino decent. If I had a sig saying for instance "SPICKS DON'T BELONG IN THE U.S." OR "WETBACKS" It's safe to assume this would offend someone. Now if I said "ILLIGAL IMMIGRATION IN THE U.S. NEEDS TO STOP". one is obviously offensive, one is questionable ( I wouldn't use either because my values don't allow me this room). Now I'm not stating in any way I am better than you trust me I have my own issues. I was simply saying when I bring my son whom happens to love God, to this forum and if he also happened to have an amputated limb this would be disturbing to him. Not an assumption per se. I think it's a safe bet. So he came to a website to talk about his football team, and again I was just wondering if people consider what some may feel when they see obviously offensive sigs. Com' on your getting offended that I would suggest someone would get offended. The same goes with Masterofpuppets all I did was respond to what was clearly stated in the PITtSBURGH STEELERS FORUM with this statement "Yes but what Steven Weinber and you fail to understand is that all people good or evil do evil things, because of this we need God , and with this realization I have seen truly evil people become good. " then I get killed and I am the unforgiving offended one. Forgive me for having compassion towards others. And as I said I would do the same to a religious person with an obvious offensive sig. Key word obvious, and I know I'm not the judge, but were not so mentally bamkrupt we don't know the difference are we?
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote