Old 10-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #27
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089
Default Re: Offensive signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
[YOUTUBE]dF1NUposXVQ[/YOUTUBE]

To the point you made to me in the other thread, it could be argued that you can be forgiving and still be offended, but in essence being offended is someone hurting your ego. If you take your ego out of the equation yes you could go through life without ever being offended by anything. It's not an easy thing to accomplish, and I am by no means an expert...but I have read a few books and watched a few interviews with people who are so I'm familiar with the concept.

As for your kid, the internet is out there and he will find worse things than a diatribe on why god hates amputees. If anything use ricardismo as a teaching instrument about tolerance and the expression of others' beliefs. I think the sheltering of young minds can lead to a breakdown and possible rejection of a belief system all together later on.

You seem like a nice enough guy, I hope you get I wasn't trying to blast you before.
I appreciate a calm well thought out response. Hard to find somedays. It's impossible to be forgiving unless there is something to be forgiven for. Yes my original post said all people do bad things. Me included. So because I am a person of faith I can't have an ego. No the reason my faith helps me because it keeps the things I desire to do in check. "If I claim I am without sin I am a liar and the truth is not in me." Apostle Paul. It helps me to confront my sin, for the good of me and others. Some might argue sheltering kids could have adverse affects. We can agree to disagree on that. Finally yes this is a diatribe of objectionable stuff, and Ricardsmo has the link right there. Is it wrong for me to suggest it is offensive. Does it make me egotistical, and unforgiving?
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote