View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,476 Times in 3,945 Posts
Default willie ried scouting report and grades

Reid really made an impact as a receiver and returner his senior season. He is a very quick, elusive and explosive receiver who consistently makes big plays when he had the ball in the open field -- his vision and instincts help him find holes and he can explode through those holes to make big plays. He is a tough receiver who consistently has shown the willingness to catch passes in traffic without peeking/flinching, takes very hard hits and holds onto the ball. He runs sharp routes and consistently bursts out of cuts to get separation from defenders and has the hands to make the great catch consistently. He is smaller than ideal, but he plays tough and does not hesitate to run aggressively with the ball in the open field -- he consistently gets started upfield quickly and attacks the hole/crack. He is a receiver that will probably be drafted lower than he is rated, but in time he will prove the grade to be right. He can be a good starting receiver who can make plays once he has the ball in his hands and will be a dangerous punt returner early in his career.

CRITICAL FACTORS
Size Athletic Ability Hands Competes Play Speed Instincts
5.0 6.5 6.0 6.0 6.5 6.0

STRONG POINTS
Reid is a very good athlete with the explosiveness, playing speed and elusiveness to consistently make big plays once he has the ball in his hands. He runs sharp routes and has an explosive burst out of cuts to consistently get separation from defenders -- especially on deep post routes. He has good hands and has consistently shown the ability to adjust and make great catches seem routine. He gives a consistently good effort blocking down the field which helps him eliminate his man. He has the ability to consistently make big plays as a punt returner.

its a pretty long report so you can read the rest here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/reid_willie

he reminds me alot of steve smith getting drafted in the 3rd round from utah.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote