Old 04-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358
Default Re: willie ried scouting report and grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
That's why I am disappointed about White. Perhaps they have other ideas on how to get reinforcements in the backfield.

I think the running game is going to be limping from time to time this year. Let's just hope is happens against weaker defenses
Well Haiku - no offence meant - sounds like White might be your brother, the way you have gone on about him. He may be great but if the FO had liked him that much they would have traded up to get him. With all the comments about only getting a restricted number of players for the team this year they could have got him, they obviously feel happy with Duce.

Easy with hindsight but we needed Special Team players and a WR - I thought we needed a DE, DT and a top S - but the bottom line is that the last 4 drafts we have got our franchise QB, the top TE, the best safety and finally the top receiver this year, to me it shows the FO really know their business.

I still believe there is no smoke without fire, therefore, White becomes too risky for the Steelers, if we finish 1-15 next year then I will eat humble pie, but I am confident that we have given ourselves a chance to improve our team with these picks.
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote