View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
TAmes
Water Boy

Member Number: 17417
Default Re: Suisham

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Agreed... I'd put it on the offense for not being able to punch it in rather than Suisham for keeping today's game close. He basically kicked what amounted to two PATs today (distance wise). That's where the offense needs to get 7, imho.
No argument here that the red zone offense needs to put TDs on the board, but when it doesn't, Suisham needs to do his job and put up 3 points.

He's 6/10 this year from beyond 40 yards, close to a 50/50 proposition. If the Steelers are facing 4th and short from around the 23 yard line, the odds almost favor going for it on 4th down instead of letting Suisham shank his kick.

It's incredibly demoralizing to the team when it drives almost the length of the field and the kicker doesn't put points on the board with attempts from a reasonable distance, and every time Suisham misses a 40 yd field goal, it gives the opponent decent field position.

I've said it before -- Reed might be a head case now, and he melted down last year, but he was money from between 40 and 50 yds, especially with the game on the line. And given parity among teams these days, kickers need to put those FGs on the board.

Suisham might be the best alternative at this point, but I'd certainly start thinking about auditioning other kickers.
TAmes is offline   Reply With Quote