View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: disappointed with this years draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
I have been jammed up at work and have not followed the draft closely, but other than moving up in the first round to draft a WR I am not overwhelmed by the decisions made this weekend. Specifically, the tactic of trading out of the second round, drafting another small WR, and not drafting or trading for LB or RB depth until round 7 appears odd. Hopefully the Anthony Smith pick at safety works out.

I am not saying Cowher does not care about the long term since he may soon be taking a break, but if ever there was a draft that was specifically designed to fill holes for 2006 but not to address long term needs this appears to be such a draft.
with further increases in the salary cap i see the steelers working to retain the improving, young, sb talent they already have in place. if we lose a co-ordinator or 2 we wont have it compounded with multiple starters leaving. the steelers didnt try to fix anything that wasnt broke. what really needed to be adressed was. i like the vote of confidence and shot in the arm that was given to ben and willie and the lb corps
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote