SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: 49ers vs Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Actually Mom, I see the complete opposite, most of the games the referees do a superlative job. Of course there are bad calls, but that's part of the game. I'm not sure what PI or RTP calls you're seeing the Ravens get that are so egregious.
I did think the call against Gay at the end of the 2nd STeelers game was a ridiculous penalty, but I also thought the holding call on Torry Smith at the start of the game was bad too. My point is that trying to deny credit to a team because of officials is immature and silly.

My main point with blaming the refs is it's intrinsic loser talk. The Ravens fans always did this when I lived in Delaware, any loss, especially to the steelers, would be greeted with accusations, conspiracy theories, and any amount of nonsense to deny that they'd simpy got beat.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that end of it I suppose. I can't think of anything off the top of my head honestly...and I wasn't directing the RTP calls at the Ravens, just the PI. Every game I've watched of theirs though (which has been most), they seem to always get at least one. And refs seem much happier as of late to throw them in questionable situations. I also do not like the penalty yardage either (as has been stated), and I don't like that on a number of occasions they've called PI when the ball was completely uncatchable. I don't know if it's part of a new rule to call it regardless...but I have yet to see one go uncalled because of that.

I know missed and bad calls are going to happen...but I think NFL refs are second worst only to NBA refs. And I'm not trying to whine about any one game specifically, I just feel overall they do a poor job and it's something that has been increasing over the years. That's just how I've seen it, and I think there are many others who have the same frustrations.

*For the record, I don't like it when the Steelers get questionable PI calls either...and though I guess I do like the points if they get them, I don't like the placement of the ball when they get endzone PI calls either. I'm just bitter about the where the NFL is right now on a lot of levels...so maybe that underlying anger makes me even more pissed at the refs.

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 11-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote