View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #32
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: 49ers vs Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that end of it I suppose. I can't think of anything off the top of my head honestly...and I wasn't directing the RTP calls at the Ravens, just the PI. Every game I've watched of theirs though (which has been most), they seem to always get at least one. And refs seem much happier as of late to throw them in questionable situations. I also do not like the penalty yardage either (as has been stated), and I don't like that on a number of occasions they've called PI when the ball was completely uncatchable. I don't know if it's part of a new rule to call it regardless...but I have yet to see one go uncalled because of that.

I know missed and bad calls are going to happen...but I think NFL refs are second worst only to NBA refs. And I'm not trying to whine about any one game specifically, I just feel overall they do a poor job and it's something that has been increasing over the years. That's just how I've seen it, and I think there are many others who have the same frustrations.

*For the record, I don't like it when the Steelers get questionable PI calls either...and though I guess I do like the points if they get them, I don't like the placement of the ball when they get endzone PI calls either. I'm just bitter about the where the NFL is right now on a lot of levels...so maybe that underlying anger makes me even more pissed at the refs.