View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: 2 players to replace el? suprised?

Steelers offense will be more dangerous no doubt.

This will be Ben's third year in the NFL. A QB's third year is really when they take off. Ben already has a Super Bowl ring. So its exciting to see how much he really grows this year. Willie Parker has that year of starting under his belt. I really think he lets his instincts take over this year. Willie had a good year no doubt but sometimes I think he followed the designed hole instead of cutting it back for a big play. Dan Krieder will do what he alway does.

Our Oline will be among the best. Alan Faneca will contiue his excellent play at guard. Hopefully Marvel Smith doesn't miss any time. We all seen what happens when Smith is out of the lineup. Jeff Hartings has been playing on one knee for two years. But the last years Jeff has played very well. Kendall Simmons hopefully continues to get his game back in gear after battling injuries and illness in 03 and 04. Simmons struggled at first last year. But his play really picked up in the playoffs. Max Starks has the size to dominate. Overall did a solid job in his first year as a Starter.

Plus I'm excited about the two lineman we drafted in last years draft. Trai Essex picked up game experience when Marvel went down last year. Essex should be much improved this year. I like Chris Kemoeatu alot. I wouldn't be shocked if he beat out Simmons for the RG spot.

Hines Ward is the hardest working man in the NFL. I don't even have to comment on him. We all know what Hines brings to the table. Cedric Wilson after not showing much in the season stepped it up in the playoffs. Santonio Holmes brings the big play back to our passing game. Sure Wilson and El has their share of big plays. But Holmes is a threat every time he touches the ball. Nate Washington was the suprise of training camp last year and made the team. Nate should be much improved this year. If Morgan makes the team which is a big if now with the drafting of Holmes and Reid. But Morgan was a solid 4th reciever for us last year.

Heath Miller had a great rookie year and provided a weapon at TE that the Steelers hadn't had since Eric Green. Miller should continue to improve this year.

The Steelers offense has the chance to be very dangerous especially when we go to single back/ three reciever sets. Holmes when we go to three wides will be placed in the split end spot due to his speed. Then Ward will be at flanker or even in the slot. Then what ever spot Hines is at the other spot will be Wilson. Throw in Heath Miller and a defense can't cover all those weapons.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote