View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
If you hit someone hard it can be clean but if it looks bad the refs are going to flag you. That's just the way it is now.
if the League can muddy the water enough, and blur the definite lines of reality, they can do & get-away with whatever-the-F they want, and make a story where none exists:
if the sheeple continue buying the product, don't expect Ms. Goodell to change her modus-operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
and the flip side to that is Jordan who never, never, never got called for traveling because the way he played the game pushed the limits and was spectacular...
the NBA bastardized the game & prostituted themselves out to TV when they allowed the rules of the game to be ignored so that Jordan could fly through the air, tongue-out, and dunk the ball, running-over opponents while doing-so:
Jordan would have difficulty scoring 25 points in a game, if it were officiated by WPIAL referees who followed the letter-of-the-law, as-written basketball rule-book, calling such things as traveling, palming, pivot-foot violations, etc.

the NFL is doing the same by becoming a pass-and-tab League, just so that retired QBs & WRs can sit-around a desk on various TV networks, and talk gushingly about the current crop of QBs & WRs:
don't buy the hype!