View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #47
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
exactly, and that is the point . . . when the QB is behind the LOS and runs there is risk that he might still pass the ball and thus be deemed a QB, and a defender needs to be on the look out for this and willing to accept the ruling of the QB is later deemed to be a QB, it best to be save to think of him as a QB till he crosses the LOS. . .

once he crosses the LOS and can't throw the ball and thus can not possible be deemed a QB, he can only be a runner and one can have more of a free reign with his tackles. . .
I guess I didn't understand this part of your statement then:
"and I do think that the refs will give the players some leeway if the players do not have time to react in time if a QB runs and "looks" like he is going to run and then throws the ball"

Why would the refs be giving leeway if the defense has to wait till the QB crosses the LOS? I would assume that they would be giving leeway to a player hitting the QB who takes off running behind the LOS and then throws the ball at the last second...oh wait, they DON'T give leeway, at least not to the STEELERS