View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #58
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
for example if the QB is running and husling towards the sideline to get out of bounds to avoid a sack (and was behind the LOS) and the defender is chasing him and at the last minute turns and tries to make a throw . . . or if the play is 3rd and 1 and the QB does a boot leg and is making a run to the sideline to make the first down and a defender is chasing him/approaching him and an inch before crossing the LOS he throws the ball and then gets hit . . .I can see the refs having some sympathy for the defender, but McCoy was not on a nake bootleg on 3rd and 1.

but when the QB is runnning paralel to the LOS his is still in the process (and mind set) to throw . . .

Sadly, I think Vick falls under the catagory that refs think is more a runner than a passer and does not get the calls that other QBs would get . . .

its late here and time for me to sign off, i'll check in tomorrow . . .
The problem with the rules is that they are used inconstantly. If I quarterback scrambled 2 or 3 times in a drive you assume he is going to do it again. He throws and ducks, now we are calling him defenseless?

Same can be said for low hits on a QB. I see it weekly in our games and it's safe to say maybe 1 out of 3 are called. Officiating in the NFL sucks to a point it will cost a team a game.

Lastly, it's shameful to have one of the toughest guys to ever play hockey as your avatar and cry about a quarterback that took a hard hit.