View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #26
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Pouncey and Ben expect to play Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
I know that everyone hopes and prays that Ben plays, but I'm concerned about the long term ramifications if he plays on that ankle and hurts it more.

I would like to hear something about what's happening in practice with CB and not just Ben walking around in a boot. What are they doing to prepare for the 49ers besides hoping Ben can play.

What is the chemistry like between Batch and our group of receivers. I would love for a HEALTHY Ben to play, let me know what's going to happen if he doesn't and how does Charlie look, b/c he was awful in relief of Ben on Thursday night.
Batch is going to be getting first team reps until Ben is able to practice, if at all. You can't judge Batch's performance against the Browns as what he's capable of. He had to come off the bench in the middle of a series cold without having taken any reps or prepared to play, and he was the only healthy QB dressed at that point, so he had to play conservatively. Of course he will look better Monday night if he has to play.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote