View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Steelers' Tomlin backs Harrison suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I see Harrison as a guy who definitely has a chip on his shoulder and who sees himself as a sort of perpetual underdog. His way of dealing with it is to be aggressive and to develop a reputation as being someone to fear.

This of course has its advantages but it also puts him in a position of having to prove that all the time and he does so by pushing things to the limit. It think he is actually the kind of guy who would set up a practice dummy with a numbered jersey on it as well as a helmet and then practice hitting that dummy as high up on the numbers as possible without clipping the facemask or the helmet.
Plenty of players, and particularly linebackers, are big on intimidation, and many also push the envelope as far as the rules are concerned. Take Suggs and Lewis as two examples just from our division. It's the nature of the position. Yet I don't see them getting singled out in the media and branded as cheap shot artists for it. That's what pisses me off. In Goodell's NFL, the media are the judge and jury and he's the executioner. It shouldn't be that way. That's the problem I have with it.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote