SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
C'mon man. There's a difference between a little ribbing from an opposing team's fans and just straight out douchebaggery. I mean hey, our team was dumb enough to cut the guy, seems only reasonable for us to be pleased that he's apparently not going to play in what is probably the last regular season game you guys have a realistic shot at losing.

Is it really that bad to come on here and make the point that, yeah, the NFL is getting ridiculous, but for crying out loud, shouldn't Harrison have seen this coming and changed at *least* his attitude if not the way he plays? I mean really I think this goes back to how the way you conduct yourself can come back to haunt you.

And say what you will about Ray Lewis - if anything, Harrison should learn a little something from the guy about how to rehabilitate your image to stop from hurting your team. You are right - Ray has plenty of fines for hits, but the way he has carried himself since the Atlanta incident has a lot to do with why he hasn't been suspended.
I agree with you for the most part. And other Steelers fans can hate me as much as they want.

I've kept mostly quiet on the situation so far, because I wasn't really sure where I stood on it all.

Bottom line for me right now though is that I don't agree with the suspension in terms of the hit as well as a couple of the hits he was fined for last season...but as you mentioned, I think it's his attitude that has made him the poster boy for illegal hits.

Based on quotes from both Harrison and Lewis after they've been fined, they both pretty much say the same thing in that they aren't going to let a fine stop them from playing the hard hitting football that they've always played. Harrison has gone out of his way though to trash Goodell and the league, and he's have to be stupid to think that wouldn't make him more of a target. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. The same way it made Cooke a target when he basically said the same things (if you even know the reference to the Penguins and his suspensions).

I've complained for a long time about the fact that fines aren't going to get any player to change how they play the game. Only when they truly impact the team on a large scale will it matter (or it should matter).

I don't agree with the rule changes, and like many others, I'd like to see it implemented more fairly across the board (if it was I'd be more apt to agree that the ruling was fair). Harrison should have kept his mouth shut though. At least for the time being. All it does right now is cause more trouble with the team and with himself.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote