View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #154
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I agree with you for the most part. And other Steelers fans can hate me as much as they want.

I've kept mostly quiet on the situation so far, because I wasn't really sure where I stood on it all.

Bottom line for me right now though is that I don't agree with the suspension in terms of the hit as well as a couple of the hits he was fined for last season...but as you mentioned, I think it's his attitude that has made him the poster boy for illegal hits.

Based on quotes from both Harrison and Lewis after they've been fined, they both pretty much say the same thing in that they aren't going to let a fine stop them from playing the hard hitting football that they've always played. Harrison has gone out of his way though to trash Goodell and the league, and he's have to be stupid to think that wouldn't make him more of a target. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. The same way it made Cooke a target when he basically said the same things (if you even know the reference to the Penguins and his suspensions).

I've complained for a long time about the fact that fines aren't going to get any player to change how they play the game. Only when they truly impact the team on a large scale will it matter (or it should matter).

I don't agree with the rule changes, and like many others, I'd like to see it implemented more fairly across the board (if it was I'd be more apt to agree that the ruling was fair). Harrison should have kept his mouth shut though. At least for the time being. All it does right now is cause more trouble with the team and with himself.
I do think we'll see a few more suspensions to get the message across. It was probably not an accident that Harrison got it first. And for everyone dumping on Tomlin for not sticking up for his guy, he is just doing damage control and trying to mitigate his losses. If Tomlin gets frisky he is just putting himself in a situation where the NFL is going to want to send another message. That's the last thing he wants to do with 3 weeks left in the season.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote