A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...on-suspension/
News and updates about the Pittsburgh Steelers

Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

December 14th, 2011

Here is Ryan Clarkís surprisingly muted reaction to James Harrisonís suspension. Clark is the Steelersí union representative, and he has been outspoken in his criticism of Roger Goodell and the commissionerís crackdown on illegal hits.

Q: How frustrating is all of this?

A: To be honest, Iím frustrated for James. I feel bad for James. I couldnít imagine having to deal with what heís had to deal with the past two years. I know heís worked extremely hard to stay within the guidelines and itís his first offense this year so that part frustrates me. As far as the other stuff it doesnít bother me. You just hate to see a teammate, you hate to see a friend be kind of ostracized, ridiculed when heís actually been working to do better.

Q: Has James been unfairly targeted by the league?
A: Itís not my call.

Q: Where do you see this going in the future? Will it get worse?

A: Iím just a free safety. I canít tell yíall whatís going to happen in the future. We just want to play now. We want to try to figure out a way to be as physical as possible and to be as legal as possible. Right now thatís the challenge placed before us. On the other (side) of that when things donít go our way we need to shut up because obviously being who we are isnít working. Being outspoken about things and expressing our frustration in different manners than other people thatís not working for us. Weíre not going to call the commissioner, weíre not going to set up meetings, thatís just not the players that we are. But I think as a team we just need to stop talking about it. Just do our best to go out here and play football because thatís what our jobs are and leave the rest of the politicking to other people.

Ė Scott Brown
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote