View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585
Default Re: Your stand on illegal hits and laying up on defenseless reciever or QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
clark penalty and fine was bullshit, that was a legal hit. he targeted the ball and led with the shoulder. dickson cringed before the hit, lowering his head, and even then, there was little contact with the face mask of the receiver. I don't know if you can get any more textbook than that play for separating the receiver from the ball. they NEED to let defenders do this. It's not like he went all brandon merriweather on his ass and launched into him with the intent of taking his head off. his target was the football.

the harrison hit on mccoy was illegal all the way and should have been a penalty and fine. what I DON'T agree on is a suspension for a play that happened so quickly, and being james first fineable offense this entire year. the league overreacted on that. suspensions shouldn't happen unless fouls are flagrant, or after the play. suh's stomp or wilfork's eye gouge can't be compared to harrison just trying to make a play
I don't want to argue whether that was an illegal hit or not. He was still hitting a defenseless reciever right? Even with alot of shoulder contact and some helmet to helmet contact he still hit a defenseless reciever. He was making contact at full speed with the intent to seperate man from ball. He did that but even with the most text book tackle at full speed the hit would've still looked like a train wreck. Clark had to do that regardless, Dickson outweighs him by a good bit in size and he wanted to break the play up.

I'm starting to think that no matter how he tackled him, textbook or not, with that much speed and force it's going to look worse than what it may be in full speed or slow mo. It's going to make a ref reach for the yellow out of pure panic for the safety of the reciever.

I truly can't think of what else he could've done any different than laying up. In that situation he takes the pain and doesn't seperate the ball.

Help me. I'm a little confused right now.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote