View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Your stand on illegal hits and laying up on defenseless reciever or QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
The game I played growing up was called FOOTBALL, as a very smart high school football coach once told us "The Game of Football is Nothing Short of a Controlled War", we all know War is Hell!!!!! The NFL has gotten real, I mean real soft, the question I have to ask is this, the hits weren't an issue during Rozelle's tenure, they weren't an issue with Tagliabue, why all of the sudden are they such a big issue with Goodell? Now I get the concussion issue, however, concussions have always been a part of football, no matter what you do they will not be avoided, sort of like torn, ACL's, MCL' s etc.... So what does Goodell do next, no tackling below the waist?
You obviously don't "get" the "concussion issue" if you don't understand why concussions are treated differently now than they were 10, 20, 30 years ago. What the league is doing, at the core, is important, and necessary. It's not being implemented smoothly and obviously plenty of people have various forms of disagreements with it, but with what science has told us about concussions and the effects of concussions, it is a moral imperative for there to be some sort of system in place to prevent and discourage the actions that lead to concussions. That sentiment is one that I fully support.

And Ryan Clark hits guys in the head way too often. Maybe he's not a "dirty player" necessarily, but then again, maybe he is. Just because he's a Steeler doesn't mean he's perfect.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote