View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: The Real Story of Last Nights Game: Hint.... Its not about Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I think its time to face the facts and stop hiding. Our "blitzing" just plain isn't that good anymore. The only times we get pass pressure at all anymore is when:
1. Harrison plays
2. when Gay safety blitzes
3. And when Woodley plays dominant. But the problem is Woodley plays in "flashes" of greatness, not all the time. He's about a 60%-er.
Now that you mention it, I agree.

Everyone harps on the offense even when they play decent (which is rare these days) and the defense always gets a pass, no matter how poorly they played.

I, for one, AM tired of our db's playing far off the receivers. I understand they are trying to keep everything in front of them to avoid the big play. I would rather sacrifice the possibility of a big play happening instead of always giving them the shorter stuff which allows horrible teams, like the Chiefs and Palko, to march down the field until we decide to 'tighten up' near the end zone.

And where has the pressure been all season long? It seems we can expect a good blitz only once or twice a half. We give the opposing QB all day long to find an open guy instead of forcing them to make a decision and hopefully a bad one.

Turnovers are down because there is no pressure. The QB doesn't have to worry about it.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote