FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: The Real Story of Last Nights Game: Hint.... Its not about Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Exactly.
Another thing we don't do and i don't understand is quick snap counts like Brady does.
Everybody screams for the 'no-huddle' but we don't make it count. Even when we do it....Ben just stands back there and the play count winds down 4, 3, 2 1, SNAP....why the hell do we even do the no-huddle then? you might as well not even do it.
Do a no-huddle, then do a quick snap. But nooooooooooooooooooo....
We just stand there and let them all get settled and have their best look at our offense lining up.
It completely makes ZERO sense.

Oh man! You just read my mind!

I was thinking that while I was watching the game.
I thought that SF doesn't have to anticipate a snap count, all they have to do is watch the play clock and start moving at 2 or 1.

But I think a lot of that has to do with "who" Ben is.

He's not a chess player and doesn't seem too interested in things like deceptions and clever use of snap counts and other such things.
Like his overall build, Ben is all about physicality and simply being better than someone else and that's his mindset.

I don't think he really cares about cleverness when brute force or skill or sheer willpower can work and that's how he sees it.
If that's true, then we're stuck with it because that's something he's learned and it's what got him here and it's too late to change him now.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote