View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772
Default Re: Saints on the road:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
another team i'm really growing to hate.

Brees isn't the "holier-than-thou" great guy either, that he's been portrayed in the media has, and the coach isn't much better. This running up the score thing really infuriates me. A crystal clear case of "padding" passing stats. I hope they get ousted from the playoffs.
I'm not to the point (yet) of hating the Saints, but I've never been an admirer of their franchise. I grew up in Mississippi during the '80s and early '90s (I'm 37 years of age) when the Saints had finally started to have good teams. Of course, the bandwagon fans in Mississippi jumped all over the Saints during that time. For that reason, I have really grown to not like the Saints. I'm pretty much in the minority down here in the Deep South, but it has just always rubbed me the wrong way. (Same with the Braves when they made their first World Series in 1991.) The bandwagon phenomenon has always made my skin crawl. I've been a Steelers fan since I was six years old (I've always considered the Steelers to be the 'Alabama' of the NFL - hard nose smash mouth football) and hardly anybody outside of Louisiana who likes the Saints now was a serious Saints fan when they were children (very few can claim this).

But, back to my original point. If the Saints do have to travel to Lambeau in January, I don't see that as a good thing for New Orleans. But, I would love it if the Saints and Steelers could both make it to Indy. I'd love to see the Steelers punch the Aints in the mouth and cram the ball down their throats in old fashioned Steelers' style.

Last edited by CrimsonTideSteelersFan; 12-27-2011 at 11:14 AM.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote