View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Grade The Steelers Draft

The more time I had to sit back and study our draft, while also keeping in mind that we were picking last in the draft, I'm going to give it a solid A. Maybe I'm crazy? Obviously only time will tell.

First: We got our main need. A replacement for Antwaan Randle El. Some felt we gave up too much to get him. But, you gotta give in order to get.

Second: We needed a fast punt returner. I believe we got that in Reid or Holmes. Personally, I would rather see Reid.

Third: We grabbed a safety to compete against Clark for the starting job. I'm not hearing many bad things about Anthony Smith.

Fourth: We added depth and future starters. I specially liked the Harris pick.

Fifth: We needed another back. We picked up Humes. Another player who I was surprised to see around in the seventh round who I feel will contribute to this team in the future (not much this season).

I find it hard to complain. With the exception of WR, special teams and a safety I felt we were mostly drafting for depth and hopefully, future starters. If we go by the record this FO has for drafting talent, I feel we will be just fine.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-05-2006 at 03:11 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote