View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #2
bigben2ward4six
Water Boy

Member Number: 1564
Default Re: World Cup Thread

The US team is very talented, but they got a tough group draw. They will need to play well to advance, and hopefully avoid Brazil in the next round. Here's my opinions on the players for those of you who don't follow the team.

Albright, Chris D-Very talented, but unfortunatlly replacement of For Frankie Hejduk after he tore his ACL. A solid defender but not much of an attacker as Hejduk, and doesn't play with as much energy. Plays in MLS

Beasley, DaMarcus M Solid verteran for the US. Should play a key role with leadership, speed, and play making. Plays in Holland

Bocanegra, Carlos D Strong hard working defenseman. Plays in England

Cherundolo, Steve D I'm not really a fan, but he has played strong in the games leading up to the team selection. Plays in Germany.

Ching, Brian F The worst selection for the team. I think this pick should have been Taylor Twellman. Hopefully he will be a surprise. Plays in MLS

Conrad, Jimmy D I don't really know too much about him, but he has played well in MLS.

Convey, Bobby M I have been a fan of his since he played for D.C. United a strong midfielder. Plays in England

Dempsey, Clint M Has great talent a play maker and can score goals, plays with high energy. (MLS)

Donovan, Landon M If he struggles the U.S. will struggle. He is their playmaker and can score goals. He is a leader for the team look for him to get alot of touches and work hard all over the field. MLS

12 Gibbs, Cory D 6?0 I don't know too much about him, other than what I've seen in the previous games, but looks solid (Holland)

19 Hahnemann, Marcus GK U.S. has a strong set of goalkeepers. I think that he will be back up but is ready to step in if needed. (England)
1 Howard, Tim GK Changed roster number so now teams can take 3 goalkeepers, probably just to get him experience and get his confidence back, but he is an amazing goalkeeper (England)

9 Johnson, Eddie F He plays with a spark and is creative on the ball. talented goal scorer(MLS)

18 Keller, Kasey GK The man in net. He has been the brick wall behind the US team for a long time. He should be very strong in net as he was in qualifications(Germany)

7 Lewis, Eddie D Don't really know much about him(England)

4 Mastroeni, Pablo M I like his style of play, strong and creative(MLS)
20 McBride, Brian F Big target up front look for him to win head balls and be dangerous on corners and free kicks, also very dangerous goalscoreer(England)

5 O'Brien, John M I liked his play in the last world cup(MLS)

14 Olsen, Ben M From Middletown, Pa. A good solid hardworking midfielder. Scrappy and physical should strengthen the defensive midfield. (MLS)

22 Onyewu, Oguchi D One of the stronger defenders on the team (Belgium)

23 Pope, Eddie D Strong veteran defender should provide consistency in the back(MLS)

10 Reyna, Claudio M Captain and heart and soul of the team. should provide good leadership and playmaking (England)

16 Wolff, Josh F Talented with the ball at his feet, has a tendency to miss good scoring opportunities. (MLS)
bigben2ward4six is offline   Reply With Quote