Thread: Heinz Field
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Unhappy Heinz Field

Reading the other thread about rating the stadiums in the leage.. made me think of something that has bugged me since Heinz was built.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the Steelers being part of the community and the local high school teams being able to play in a big time stadium and all. BUT....

Why can't the panthers get their own stadium.. I mean, all the games played every year.. 8 steeler home games, atleast 2 preseason, possible post season, then u have the panther home games, and the local high school teams play their championship games there. It's just too much IMO. The northeast weather is hard enough on natural surface fields as it is, without adding to it. I mean we resod the field atleast twice a year and by the time december comes, its in terrible shape again.

Call me a pessimist or selfish if u will, but w/ all the money that has gone into our stadium and how long it took us to get it, its gonna get old and worn out before its time.. just like TRS. Granted it lasted 30 years, but still, the last 10 years or so, it was falling about left and right.

What do you all think?
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote