View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: LOL @ the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I actually like the raiders and watched almost every game this year. I think they have a good team but gad some bad leadership for years. They needed a new coach and not because he was a bad coach but because he had to much power once Davis died and wouldn't be satisfied relinquishing it to the new GM.

The Palmer trade was the worst trade ever. How you can give up a 1st and a 2nd round pick for a mediocre QB is beyond me. They could of got Flynn or Orton alot cheaper. It was an insane move that will hurt them in the future

As for McFadden, he is an awesome back but unfortunately he is extremely injury prone and will never be a top back because of that. The only reason I wouldn't trade him this year is because you wouldn't get anything in return. I doubt anyone would want to give up a 2nd rounder for him but I would drop his ass if he got hurt again next season which im sure he will. He has never played more then 13 games
You're right on the money with everything.

I hated the Palmer trade... still do. I would have rather lost with Boller and kept the picks, knowing there was going to be a GM in place for the next draft. McFadden is a special player, but he will be plagued with this foot problem for his whole career. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if we could find someone dumb enough to give a second rounder for him.

Hue Jackson is a snake/megalomaniac. The way he handled the loss to Denver was/is shameful. His act in Oakland should win an accademy award...lol. Reggie McKenzie is going to bring the Raiders back to prominance. It will take some time, given the circumstances created by Hue and the years of mismanagement by Al and his faction of yes men.

Mark Davis (despite the ridiculous haircut...lol), is nothing like his dad... thank God. I'm excited about the future of my team for the first time, in a very long time.

This is a good article about Hue Jackson. Pretty astute in my opinion.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/h...raiders-011211
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote