View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,947 Times in 3,509 Posts
Default Ed Reed Trashes Flacco

This is nice - good to see the Ravens have each other's backs going into New England

"I think Joe was kind of rattled a little bit by (Houston's) defense," Reed said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday, according to ProFootballTalk. "(The Texans) had a lot of guys in the box on him. And, I mean, they were getting to him. I think a couple times he needed to get rid of the ball. I don't know how much of the play-calling ... but it just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense. ... It was just kind of like (Baltimore's coaches) was telling him to do, throw the ball or get it here, you know, get it to certain guys. And he can't play like that."

Flacco was sacked five times and hurried by Texans defenders more than that in the win. Reed said Tuesday part of the blame for that falls on Baltimore's offensive line.

"[T]he offensive line gotta block better," Reed said, according to ProFootballTalk. "You know, they gotta communicate better, gotta pick up blocks (and) Joe's gotta get the ball out of his hand."

Reed said the Ravens need to do a better job of "using our weapons" and said he thought backup running back Ricky Williams should have had more touches.

"You know, one particular play that sticks out to me is when (Pro Bowl running back) Ray Rice came out of the backfield, he got pushed down and Flacco still threw him the ball and you got one on one with (wide receiver) Torrey Smith on the outside," Reed told SiriusXM, according to ProFootballTalk. "But it's hearsay for me. I can say that sitting on the sidelines, you know, or sitting in the stands. You just never know what somebody else is seeing."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011...houston-texans

Amazing - this would be like Troy ripping Ben while taking a side swipe at Arians going into the biggest game of the year

Glad to see Harbaugh has such a happy locker room with everyone so confident in the skills of their teammates
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote