View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #42
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Who Should Replace Bruce Arians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
The only reason Haley's fiery sideline personality was criticized....was because he didn't win as a HC. Bill Cowher was no different but everyone said Bill was a leader.... Haley is a jerk and his sideline antics were tame compared to Bill Cowher and some other coaches. Really I can't think of a better match then Haley...until I hear some other options I think Haley, Childress, and Caldwell should all be at the top of the list for the job.
No, Haley was criticized because he was a prick and a sore loser. Can you imagine Cowher (or Tomlin) refusing to shake hands with the opposing coach after a loss and on top of that shouting at them, scolding them for "running up the score"? I could imagine Tomlin actually sincerely thanking them for exposing his flaws and making the team better prepared for the next game.

Hey Todd... don't like the other team scoring so much? How about stopping them? How about using that to motivate your crappy team that picks in the top-10 every year? I swear they pick a DT or DE every single year and they still can't stop the run.