View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Re: Do you think the Arians "retirement" was a shot across Tomlins Bow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
in a way it was. but in another way it was kinda ownership protecting him and taking the pressure off.

tomlin is still a very young coach who has experienced a ton of success. im sure the last thing he wants to do is screw that all up with a bad (or the wrong) decision.

voila... all that is thrown out the window and taken out of his hands. now he can get back to running the team even if that means dealing with the beloved adversity he relishes.

im in management so i can understand. there are the rare instances where you are really stumped and can use your superiors expertice to lean on.

i am the boss and pretty much have full autonomous control of my project and all the employees, but there's been a time where MY boss stepped in with the assist, and did the "dirty work". i felt a sense of relief knowing they had my back and were willing to take the heat.

likewise i am willing to take the heat for my employees at times, even if THEY are wrong. i know they appreciate that as well.

i think its kinda just the nature of the business and we shouldnt read too much into it. life will go on and the steelers will get better.

I know exactly what your saying and your right for the most part but I dont think so in this instance.. I actullay think Tomlin is to close to his players and to BEN... The Rooneys stepped in and I agree with the guy up top.. if I were Tomlin I think I might learn the difference in being a coach and being a friend who is a coach. To me getting to close to the guys is gonna bite you sooner or later
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote